Lunch & Nutrition
We encourage families who can have children come home for lunch to do so. Often children benefit from a break in school routine.
We do, however, provide a supervised lunch program on a regular or drop-in basis for students in grades 1-6.
Lunch program fees collected exclusively cover the costs of hiring paid lunchroom supervisors. (If you are interested in a position as a lunch supervisor please contact the school for information about the application.)
Payment of lunchroom fees may be made by any of the following methods:
1. Fees will be broken down into quarterly payments. Please check schoolzone or call the office at 780-476-2344. Fees can be paid by cash/cheque at the office or online through schoolzone.
2. Occasional stays are $2.00 per student. To be paid on the day.
Receipts will be issued for monthly and annual payments. Parents will be asked to pay a $25.00 service charge for each cheque NSF.
The following are the expectations for student behavior during the lunch hour:
1. Students staying for lunch must remain in the school and/on school property under the supervision of the staff for the duration of the lunch period.
2. We encourage all students to choose healthy snacks/lunches with use of minimum of disposable packing to remain focused. There is no access to microwaves or kettles for students.
3. Students are expected to continue to be responsible and respectful during the lunch break. Failing to follow rules and procedures outlined for lunch (both inside and outside) and cooperating with lunch staff, may result in a loss of privileges.